An allergy is an adverse reaction that the body has, to a particular food or substance in the environment.
Go to the Patient's Health Record page.
How to Add?
- Click on to add allergy.
- Allergen : - This Indicates a substance that causes an allergic reaction to the patient. Choose any one of the allergens from the drop down list.
- Allergy Type : - This helps the health care provider to search and add Allergies from the RxNorm or SNOMED codes list provided. Type a few characters for codes similar to the characters to appear in the dropdown to choose. You can also manually add an allergy with your own description without using codes.
- Reaction : - This helps the health care provider to search and add Allergy reactions from the SNOMED codes list provided. Type a few characters for codes similar to the characters to appear in the dropdown to choose. You can also manually add an allergy reaction with your own description without using codes.
- Status : - Click on the dropdown and select the current status of the allergy here.
- Note : - Enter any notes for the patient or any other information as a reference here.
- Severity : - Click on the dropdown and select the current severity of the allergy here.
- From date :- Click on the calendar field and select the preferred date to record the exact date from when the allergy exists in the patient.
- Click on to save the details entered (or) click on to discard details entered.
Save and add
- Click on [Save & Add] to simultaneously save the data entered and open a fresh form to add more allergies.
How to Update (or) Delete?
- Click on to edit allergy from existing allergy list.
- Update allergen or description already there and click on to update (or) click on the to discard the changes.
- Click on the to delete an allergy from existing allergy list if it is not relevant any more.
- To save an allergy, choosing the allergy type and selecting or adding an allergen is mandatory.
- Every-time an allergy is saved, its background color changes to yellow as warning.
- The E-prescription Allergy will be available only for users with an active e-prescription subscription.
- When the allergen type is changed from E-prescription Allergy to any other type and details are saved, the data will not be available for the e-prescription medication to allergy interaction.
- Click on More and choose fields from the list to include them to the Allergy form. Click on the next to the non-mandatory fields to remove them from the form.
- Once you click on more to include fields or click on the to removed fields while adding or editing information and click on save, it would be saved as your user preference and appear that way until updated next time.
- Double click on the to remove fields that have existing data in them.
- Fields with active data will be visible when editing allergies even if they are not saved in your user preference for the form or if it was manually included by the user. This has been done to provide the user with accurate data of all relevant information for each allergy.
- Clicking outside/anywhere after adding data to any module will help you to save the details included. The Save/ Save & Add button will also allow you to save details.